Tuesday, February 9, 2016

River Walk

I also did a river walk in Kerikeri, really a trail walk. There's a waterfall at the start and the ocean at the finish. I went early in the morning but still got cooked by the time I finished at 10:30 am. I then drove a few hours to a beach campground in Uretiti.

Cook, right? Well, this is the redneck car camping photo previously posted. Campground held 500 people in theory, and it was pretty full on that holiday weekend. NO designated sites, you just parked and set up your tent like a first-world refugee camp. But it was pretty quiet and reasonable, just way too hot. 

That night I saw the 5 visible planets and the Southern Cross constellation. The next morning before breakfast I walked for over an hour on the long empty beach which was very peaceful.


I then drove south back through Auckland toward my next destination, the central volcanic part of the north island.


 Uretiti beach at sunrise


Waving hi to my nieces Claire and Hanna from Lake Okatania!


No comments:

Post a Comment