Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Ushuaia


Made it to Ushuaia, Argentina this morning. Spectacularly beautiful. It's a town surrounded on one side by snow covered peaks and the other by an ocean travel. This is the southern-most city in the world, so I'm now about to fall off the bottom of the earth..:)

The photos are from my hotel, one looking toward the mountains and the other toward the commercial doc. My ship will be there but it apparently hasn't arrived yet. The SPOT beacon worked here but may not as we go south on the ship. The manufacturer website has no coverage for Antarctica. I'm not sure if this is because of the satellite orbits or because no one has ever tested it there. I'll try it, though won't likely have any emails until the ship docs at the Falklands.

Off to find food and beer!

See it on the MAP

Local desert, supposed to look like the mountains here


1 comment:

Gwen said...

OMG that is so cool!

Post a Comment